Monday, March 1, 2010

Friday February 26, 2010:
Oh My, I can't believe it's been two weeks since I posted last. Let's see what have we been doing. We spent Valentines weekend going to dinner Friday evening, drove around the area a little on Saturday and found a great massive neighborhood just southeast of us in Burlington. No wonder the traffic is so bad around the freeway exit just south of ours. We recieved four cute refrigerator magnets from our four darling grandaughters for Valentines Day. On Monday, President's day it was snowing again and we spent all day in just watching TV.
On Sunday at church we received an interesting assignment. The Bishop has asked us to be Home Teacher/Visiting Teacher to the Young Single Adults in this ward starting the 1st of March. A new missionary couple will be here then and together we will go down the current list of 60 names and find out about them; if they still live in the ward boundaries, if they are still single, if they are interested in returning to activity, and inviting them to a special Family Home Evening Group weekly meeting at the Stotts' home and also to the YSA branch activities or see if they would like to attend the Singles Branch on a permanent basis. This could possibly lower our list to about eight to ten YSA to visit each month or mondays or whatever. Sounds fun!
We finished our taxes and sent them in on turbo tax on Wednesday, heard back on thursday that they had been accepted and we should have our deposit in the bank 10 to 14 days, yeah!!!!!!
We haven't heard any more about the house. Marilyn sends an email every week to the selling Agent to see how it's coming. Last weeks report was that we had now been put on the 'to be reviewed' list. Hoping that it happens soon. I've been watching HGTV alot during this cold snowy winter, getting ideas for painting, tiling, countertops, and decorating and can't wait to get in and start doing!!!! First things first; a major house cleaning, furnace and duct cleaning, carpets cleaned, a new bed, a new water softener and garage door opener fixed. Then we can do the rest as it comes. I'm now wishing we had kept the big patio tent as it would have covered our patio perfectly.
I went to my first R.S. evening meeting here on Thursday the 18th. It was a small group but that was good as I got to know them all while playing UNO and eating munchies. Phyllis is going to be my new best friend. She is about my age, very out going, has five children, one daughter that is married and lives in the ward and she invited me to got to 'Time Out For Women' with her and her girls.
So I finally got back in to the endodontist on Tuesday February 23rd to finish up the root canal on my lower back tooth. I felt funny during the procedure like I couldn't catch my breath and my heart was racing. Never felt like that before. I don't know if it was anxiety or what, anyway the procedure went fairly quickly since it was just one side and there wasn't much pain after the numbness wore off so didn't think much about it again until last night and my jaw began to hurt. I took a couple of tylenol and went to bed. When I woke up this morning my whole jaw and side of my face clear up to my temple was swollen up. I called the Dr. at 8:30 and they said he would call me in a perscription right away.
I went to Walmart to pick it up and while I was there I called Liz. We talked for 45 minutes while she danced around in her kitchen and I walked around at Walmart. It was good to get caught up but I think it made me homesick. I can't wait to get home. I'm sure alot of it has to do with me being home by myself everyday till six o'clock and it being under 30 degrees outside every day. But I really miss all of my girls.
I went and got my hair cut to shoulder lenth this week and then dyed it the next morning. Kevin and I went to the Mall finally and saw all the shops that are there.We found our number on the sleep number mattress. Cool! There was a Dairy Queen and we got blizzards! Kentucky past time. Remember girls?

No comments:

Post a Comment