Thursday, March 11, 2010

Wednesday March 10, 2010:
Well, I think I have everything ready to come home to Utah. We bought some gifts for all the girls and decided they were too big to take in my suitcase so I wrapped them all up this week and took them to the UPS store and sent them to Liz's home. I have called and made the reservations at Abbey Inn for when we go down to Rachael and Tyson's for Grady's blessing. We have the plane reservations, the car rental reservation, I've put together a list of all the things we need to DO while we are home. I have finished the cushion covers for Hannah's couch and will bring those in my suitcase and sew them on while I am there. Yes, I think we're all set to go.
We still haven't heard anything more on the house, just waiting.....waiting..... waiting.
It finally quit snowing and has warmed up this last week. I started getting out and going up to the fitness center at the apartment complex and walking on the treadmill. The first day I was there a younger gal was on the stationary bike so I just said Hi and introduced myself which triggered an hour of conversation with her. Her name is Wendy (I know, I know) she is in her early forties, a newlywed, likes to walk every day, grew up on a farm, active in her church and even invited me to go with her. So, I do have a new walking partner while we are in these apartments.
Last night we started on our new assignment of contacting the Young Single Adults in the ward to visit with them and inform them of activities for them in the ward and in the branch. We made flyers for the special kick-off FHE this coming Sunday evening to hand out. We found four of the homes but only one girl, Christina, was home. We left flyers with the mothers. We are going out again to night and find at least four more. Hope we have better luck.
See you in two weeks!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment