Monday, May 3, 2010

Monday May 3, 2010:
We have known for the last three weeks now that our Relief Society President was moving to Abu Dhabi, United Arab Emirates and we have been waiting to hear the new Presidency announced in Sacrament Meeting. My friend Phyllis was the 1st Counselor and I felt like it would probably be her. Saturday evening I recieved a phone call from the executive secretary asking if I could meet with the Bishop at 11:00 Sunday morning. Kevin imediately started teasing about moving out here was for me and not for him and who would I call as counselors, etc. But I really had no worries that I was going to be called as President, maybe a counselor for Phyllis. I thought I was doing fine with all the move and the new house stuff but when the Bishop asked how I have been feeling lately I had a breakdown and proceeded to tell himm all that has been going on. He just grinned and handed me a kleenex. He first asked where our new house was located to make sure it was still in the ward and then He asked if I knew why I was called in today and I laughed and said of course, everyones has been waiting to hear who's going to fill these positions. He said your name has been submitted and approved and you have been called to fill the position of...and he pauses......and I'm holding my breath..... and he says 1st Counselor in the Relief Society. I exhaled with a grin and said yes, I can do that. I'm assuming it is Phyllis I would be serving with and He said no.... It is Sister Manire. Misty was the 2nd Counselor who I worked with on the RS board as activity chairman. Last Month at our RS evening meeting it was Misty, Myself, Jennifer Griffith and a new Sister that moved in from SLC, Ashlee Mullins. Ashlee was called as the 2nd Counselor. So, now I am serving as the 1st Counselor in the Relief Society Presidency and two of us are new to the Ward. What was Misty thinking.
The Missionaries that live in our complex came by tonight and had us watch the Joseph Smith the Prophet movie with them. I had made a choclate cake with cream cheese icing and offered them some. They were both still fasting so just took it home with them. They asked us if we wanted to go to the Gladys Knight Fireside at our stake center on thursday night, they had two tickets that their investigators had given back to them. We told them we would love to go if they couldn't find someone else by then. I'm excited, I have wanted to hear her story since she became a member years ago.

I just went for a walk this morning and it is beautiful outside. It had rained all weekend but this morning the sun is shining and everything looks and smells so clean and green. There is a slight breeze and it felt good to get outside, breath in some fresh air and relax. I didn't feel like I was hot while walking but when I came back and opened the front door it was not cool in the Apartment is was warm and muggy and didn't take long till I was just pouring with sweat so I had to turn the AC on for an hour or so till everyting cooled down.

No comments:

Post a Comment