Sunday, May 2, 2010

Friday April 24, 2010:
Okay it's been way too long since I wrote anything on here and for Hannah, who doesn't FaceBook, that's way too long to go without hearing what we've been up to.
After we got home from Utah we we're supposed to close on our home, but we still hadn't heard from the bank so we extended our offer for two more weeks giving us some time to look for another home. We have driven by at least fifty homes looking for a flat backyard for a garden and the few we have found with that were too close to the neighbors or had no fenced yard or was more than we want to spend. At least we now have narrowed it down to we want to stay in the Independence area. Other places like Florence, Burlington, Hebron, Walton were too far away or in the path of the airport.
On Saturday April 17th I attented 'Time Out For Women' with my friend Phyllis and two of her Daughters. We met and left from the church parking lot at 6:15 in the morning for the two and a half hour drive to Indianapolis. This was the first time I have attended one and what a great day it was. This years theme is "We hope all things.." The speakers were very inspirational and motivational as they shared their experiences of hope and faith during their trials. It made my trials seem very trivial, and I am very grateful for my Family from Grandparents to Grandchildren. I love and appreciate all they do and have done to stay strong in the gospel and raise their families with those same great values.
On April 23rd we went and took one more look at our home since the owners have moved out to check for any damage or leaking water. Everything looked good so we decided to wait it out to get this house and hope we can close before June 31st to get the tax credit. We extended our offer out to June 15th with a closing date of June 20th. The last email we recieved said it was "pending service release" so we think we will be hearing something soon.
Since We have been back home, I have gone to a job fair and signed up with four different staffing agencies trying to get a job. That's the way they advertise jobs out here. There are no classified ads in the paper, it's all done online through these agencies. All positions are temporary to hire after a 60 day trial period.
So, I have heard from one of those agencies for a temporary 3 week position which my resume was faxed to the employer along with several others and they choose one. I didn't get that job. I think this is going to be a long process to get a job.

No comments:

Post a Comment