Saturday, July 31, 2010

Sunday July 25, 2010:
My, how time flies when you are working full time and overtime!! Yes, I finally got a job with a temp agency and started working full time at the L'Oreal warehouse on May 19th. No air conditioning or fans, no water fountains out on the floor, 175 people sharing one fridge for lunches and ten tables in the breakroom and two (one male/one female) bathrooms. I started out working eight hour days from 6:00am to 3:00pm and off at noon on Fridays. But were asked to work overtime so on the second week we were working from 6:00am to 5:00pm all six days. Then the next week we went to twelve hour days for six days. Then back to ten hour days for a week. The work consisted mostly of just standing at a conveyor belt and putting products on the line or checking them before going thru the heat machine and sometimes you fold boxes or inserts all day. By the last day of June I had no feeling in the ball and toes on my right foot, both heels hurt to walk on them, my hands were both stiff and sore and I had lost ten pounds since starting there. Luckily I had figured out how to look for and apply for other jobs on the internet and had applied for a part time teller position with Fifth Third Bank. I had recieved a phone call from the recruiter and she did an interview over the phone and said I passed and said she would set me up an interview with the Branch Manager. I took a day off from L'Oreal to go interview. I liked and felt very comfortable with all three people I interviewed with and the branch is just a few miles down a main road from our neighborhood. It was really hard waiting the week to hear back but they offered me the job and I gladly accepted on June 29th and made arrangements to start the new training class on the 19th of July. I only worked two more days at L'Oreal and was off for the holiday weekend and two more weeks. Yeah! that nightmare is over!
We had closed on the house and moved in during all this time I was working so much so we hadn't really opened many boxes, just what we needed to get by. So, for the whole next week we worked really hard at finding boxes we needed and getting stuff put away, made up, hooked together, washed down, cleaned up, etc because Jessica was coming to visit on the 12th! Yeah!!! We did a little work out in the yard before it got too hot to work. Made a flowerbed across the front of the porch, cleaned out the side flowerbed, planted flowers in the Urns and hung some potted plants on the porch. Then Kevin killed a patch of lawn in the back and got it rotilled up for a garden for next spring. I've opened all the picture boxes and I'm missing all four bridal pictures of my girls and Rebecca's and Liz's family pictures. I guess I'll have to go thru every box we have left to find them. Pictures are the worst thing to lose during a move. Three things we gave away that I really wish we would have brought are the BBQ grill, the treadmill, and the riding lawn mower! It's really too muggy outside to do much walking and Kevin sent smoke all thru the house grilling the steaks in the oven.

No comments:

Post a Comment