Sunday, August 8, 2010

Sunday August 8, 2010: This was my 'can I make it?' or 'will I break?' it week at work. I was assigned my own window and my own drawer to work from all week. I counted my money in Monday morning and had to take on customers as I became available. The other tellers were all really cool about helping me out and my trainer was a sweet, funny gal named Sally. She was very encouraging and kept telling me I was doing fine. At the end of my first day my drawer was short by $15.50. I worried about it all night long. The next day Sally made sure I was itemizing and double counting the money every transaction and at the end of the day I balanced even. I got more comfortable all week and by Saturday I was helping customers and talking to them and doing the transactions faster and I balanced to the penny again. This job is going to work out great. Starting Monday I will be at my permanent location, MT. Zion branch. My schedule will be the first week; Mon-1:15 to 6:15, Weds-1:15 to 6:15, Fri-11:00 to 4:00, Sat 9:15 to 2:15. Then the next week it will be Mon-9:15 to 6:15, Tues-11:00 to 3:00, Thur-11:00 to 4:00, Fri-1:15 to 6:15 and it just rotates back and forth. That will give me enough time in the mornings to get a good hour walk in and weed the flower beds or empty some more boxes for now. I've got most of the rooms done except the libray/office which I went through all the papers that were laying around and got them filed away where they belong. Now I need to go thru the boxes in the closet and put books in the bookcases and finish organizing the colored papers and stuff in the desk. I am committing myself to carry two boxes from the garage to the basement every day until the garage is empty and also breaking down four boxes and bundling them for the garbage pick up on wednesdays. Kevin and I have planned a trip over Labor Day weekend. I work Fri till 4:00 then we'll leave early Saturday morning and get into Gatlinburg, TN about 11:00am. We are planning some hiking and sight-seeing excursions, seeing a show, a museum, going to Dollywood and Pigeon Forge one day. I have monday off for the holiday and not scheduled for tuesday so we'll head home sometime after lunch on Tuesday. It's still hot and humid here. We'll have a good thunderstorm roll through but then it gets miserable as it heats up.

No comments:

Post a Comment