Thursday, January 7, 2010







Wednesday January 6, 2010:
I signed up with a couple of temporary services today although there were no jobs avaiable in my field. It's going to be as hard finding a job as it is finding a house. I met with our real estate agent today. Nice lady, she reminds me of Tyson's mom. We drove around all afternoon and looked at about eight homes. There was one I really liked. We've been looking for one with a flat lot, this one was mostly flat but sloped up hill at the back instead of dropping off. Yeah! Then I've also been concerned about the small bathrooms (if you remember ours). This one had a nice long counter, double sinks, a big soaking tub, a private throne room and a big walk-in closet. Yeah! The Family room was really big with a fireplace and a cement patio out the back door. Sounds pretty close to our house doesn't it. The price was just reduced 10,000 on this one too and it's right down interstate 17 about ten minutes from Kevin's work and the walmart shopping center. Anything I looked at after this one just seemed small, old or did not compare in value. So, I think we'll probably make the offer on this one as soon as we get financing. I'm checking on that tomorrow.
I went to make pepper steak for dinner tonight and didn't realize till after I had already started the meat that we didn't have all the ingredients like flour, ketchup and bouillon so it didn't turn out too well with just tomato sauce. I need to make another run to the grocery store tomorrow too if it is not snowing.
Apparently there is a big snow storm coming in the morning and they have delayed opening of schools and businesses until the snow plows can get out and plow. I guess I can see their concern with all the hilly roads around here. Kevin wouldn't be able to get in or out of our complex or his work if they hadn't plowed. Those are both pretty steep hills and if they were icy at all you would just be sliding into each other.



1 comment: